Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Care (survival) Packages!

A week ago I got a long awaited package from home containing some awesome essentials including coffee and some American foods that I cannot get here. This package was from Anissa and my parents. To them I say thank you! the coffee itself has been a lifesaver and the microwave mac n cheese has been a delicious treat and a welcome change from my normally cheese-free Chinese diet. I plan on using some of the other ingredients when we prepare our thanksgiving meal next week!

This Monday I received another package: a total surprise: From my grandmother... Inside was a large slice of heave: homemade and very very delicious cookies! WHAT A TREAT! I couldn't help but immediately eat one or 4... But to save me from myself, I have resolved to share. The best way to do this is to save these treats until thanksgiving when the other foreigners can also enjoy them. I also will be able to have a little part of my family there with me on that day. Also in the box was a shirt that has to be one of the funniest I have ever seen.. Its black with white writing on it that says "there, their, they're not the same" The perfect shirt for an English teacher! I showed it to the other English teacher who all instantly became jealous! Thanks grandma for the wonderful and thoughtful gift!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment