Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ultimate Frisbee

I have no idea why I have waited three months to talk about Frisbee!!! We have been playing twice a week since I got here in August!
Before I came to China, (small) Ben informed me that they play a lot of ultimate frisbee in China, and that it might be a good idea to buy some professional frisbees to bring with us since they are difficult to find and expensive here... So, I found some on Amazon and bought a pack of six, not knowing at that time that I would be getting such great use from them.
Every Thursday and Sunday at 3:00 pm, we meet at the west athletic (most neglected) field on the opposite side of campus.All four of the foreign guys and several Chinese students show up every week to play a spirited game of ultimate frisbee, a game that one could describe as a mix between frisbee and American football. for more information check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_frisbee

This has been a great experience and through it I have been getting very good at throwing and catching the disk.. Also, I have a bi-weekly opportunity to run around and burn off some steam!

No comments:

Post a Comment