Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The International Band

Recently, I have been spending a lot of time with Tim, the Australian teacher from another department. I found out a few weeks ago that he plays guitar and that he is indeed pretty good. A few weeks ago, I got the opportunity to see for myself. Near new campus, we found a music shop that also has practice rooms in the back of the shop, in one of the rooms, there is a a complete band set-up including a drum set, amplifiers and microphones. Someone was practicing in there at that time, but we managed to convince them to let us come in and mess around for a little bit... I sat behind the drums and Tim picked up the guitar. Toby (the German), who was also there, picked up the bass. What happened next was magical... Tim fingers moved majestically and the intro of Sweet Child of Mine started blaring through the speakers.... I picked up and followed him and we rocked out for a few minutes. It had been almost 3 years since I played with a guitarist and the first time since Korea that I played with studio equipment. IT FELT GREAT...

To make a long story short, we have since resolved that we will start and an international band we already have an American, an Australian and a German, now all we need is a Chinese singer!!! I think that we are planning to play every Thursday and maybe prepare something to perform in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment