Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Inventory Time

After moving out of my apartment in Akron and (temporarily) back in with my parents, it is time to go through the small amount of possessions that did not make their way into the dumpster outside of Grant Res hall.... My wardrobe has to make a significant change as I transition from a college student/ maintenance worker into a college instructor... as can be imagined, this means swapping out the t-shirts and work clothes for more professional attire... I have made an attempt to do this gradually over the last few months by scooping up polo-shirts and other dress clothing as I see them, but I fear that I have fallen a bit short... Yet, this is where inventory fits in!! maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and not have to spend much of my dwindling funds on dress garments... I thought about waiting until I got to China to pick up any needed items, but then I remembered the problems that I had finding even a T-shirt when studying abroad in Korea... So that idea was quickly abandoned....

On a side note, I spent a little time last night talking to a fellow Akronite who will be traveling to China with me next week! (He (Ben) is actually returning for his second year of teaching at Henan University--- which is a good sign; he must have had a good time!) Well anyway, Ben has been very helpful in answering many of my questions as I prepare to take on this huge step!! When asked about the ability to play ping pong (I love ping pong), Ben informed me that there is a table inside our offices!!! Furthermore, he tells me that the students love Ultimate Frisbee! The more I think about this trip, the more excited I get!!!

Stay tuned for more updates....

No comments:

Post a Comment