Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Monday, August 29, 2011

monday-monday-monday


Today started like the one before it and hopefully many more to come: with a trip out of the west gate to get breakfast. Instead of 包子, I tried Ben’s favorite morning pick-me up “Egg-Pita.” In short, the street vendor cooks some vegetables on her stone grill and fries an egg and stuffs it all inside a little homemade flatbread. IT IS AWESOME and only 3 RMB (about 50 cents) each!!! I was more than completely stuffed after eating it. After breakfast Ben and I went to the supermarket to buy some of the things that I needed: Toilet Paper, garbage bags, laundry detergent, etc…
Upon returning to the campus we decided that it was time that we try and track down some of the other English teachers (they had been here for a week)… We then all went together to pay for and start our internet service and then out to lunch… Kung Pao Chicken, spicy tofu and lamb with rice and Chinese vegetables (shared family-Chinese style of course) I must say that I am very pleased with the food so far! I have not tried anything that I do not like!!!
This afternoon I returned to my apartment to do some laundry and wouldn’t you know it—my washing machine is broken: the shut off valve for the water does not work so I have to manually turn the water on and off remotely… (which means between cycles I have to go in and turn the water on and off). 

No comments:

Post a Comment