Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

People watching and final thoughts of Akron

Three full days left in the states and I find myself back in the heart of UA campus waiting for Anissa to get out of class... On top of my favorite time wasting activity of "people-watching," I find that is fun to hang out by the campus directory map in the middle of campus and direct freshmen to their classes. Oddly enough, I discovered that young men have been approaching the map much more frequently than their feminine counterparts; at a ratio of about 4:1 . I believe that this is less a result of directional competency but of ill-preparedness... The girls probably walked through their schedule over the weekend...


It has also just recently hit me that tomorrow will likely be my last day in Akron for a quite a long time... This is a bittersweet realization... On the one hand, Akron has been such a large part of my life for the last four years; here I have grown immensely as a person and have discovered what I believe to be my true direction in life... On the other hand, leaving Akron means moving beyond to bigger and better things: China,grad-school: "real life" --- all of which are exciting and terrifying.. Furthermore, as I try to decide what I want to do with my last 36 hours in "the hooh," I can think of nothing to do but enjoy dollar fifty burgers at te Bailey road tavern tomorrow night... Til then: who knows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment