Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Monday, October 31, 2011

Birthday Party

I am sorry for not updating my blog as much as I should have lately... I just have not been keeping you updated... That doesn't mean, however, that nothing has been happening! Actually, this has been a pretty eventful week! I will try to break it up by activity. Today's blog post:

My Birthday.
As you many you of you may know, October 24th was my birthday, my first birthday in China. (not my first in a foreign country since I spent my 20th in South Korea) I wanted to do something fun so I suggested that we foreign teachers should all go to Lazy Cat Pizza for dinner... Lazy Cat is a pizza place near downtown Kaifeng they say that they serve authentic New York style pizza. Although it is not perfect, its pretty close to a pizza that you could buy in the states... The price is expensive compared to other food in China. One pie ranges between 45 to 80 RMB. (remember i can get a good and filling individual meal for less than 10). The actual currency conversion from USD is about 7 to 12 per pie... Not too bad...

There were 10 of us in all that went: 8 American teachers an Australian and a Chinese student.. We feasted on Pepperoni, Bacon, BBQ Chicken and Margarita pizzas as well as onion rings, french fries and potato skins! We washed it all down with some Coca Cola! A small taste of America on my Birthday... Like usual, however, I neglected to take pictures... So I will have to try to get them from others that did and I should be able to post them in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment