Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Marta

This weekend, I had the pleasure of meeting Marta. She worked at Henan University two years ago and taught English here...She came to visit William and other teachers from Beloit College, her Alma Mater. When meeting here, I found out that she used to live in the apartment that I now live in. It must be weird for her seeing someone live in the place where she spent two years of her life! she came in to see what it looked like and to take a small trip down memory lane... When checking out the bookshelf, she was pleased to find that many of her books were still here... She then proceeded to ask me if she could borrow a couple.. I said "sure, they're yours anyway!"
Last night, Marta told us of a bar that a friend of hers had just opened downtown and she invited us all tog o check it out... This bar was on the 4th floor of a newly built facility and was the only place open in the entire building... Despite being not busy, it is really nice! half of the bar is a large patio with awesome murals and other artwork as well as dance-lights! the inside bar area was also very nice; comfortable booths and lounge chairs were everywhere.. Unfortunately, the small group of foreigners were the only ones there, but we stayed and talked until about 11:30...
The beer was warm, but the people and the atmosphere were pleasant... I am not sure that I will be frequenting though... Just not my scene... 

No comments:

Post a Comment