Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mashed Taters and Cheesy Broccoli!

On a lighter note from my last blog, i want to catch you up a bit on what I have been eating...
I still frequent the same places outside of the west and south gates but I have also been doing a little cooking lately with Ben (short ben). What we have been making is: mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli!!! Its like thanksgiving dinner without the turkey and stuffing!!!! I never thought that something so simple would be so good!

Ben had the foresight, when was back in the states over break, to buy some necessary things that are not available in the states... one of these things was a potato masher! Potatoes are easy to find here but most of them just get cut up and served in various Chinese dishes. Nobody mashes them! But we did!!!

Ben has a double steamer pan and he discovered if he takes out the lower steam plate that he can boil potatoes and steam broccoli at the same time!!! While the potatoes are being mashed we put some strips of American cheese on the broccoli and cover it to let it melt a bit... YUMMY We did this for the first time last week, and we made it a full 4 days before we repeated it again this week! its cheap, quick and easy! i think that this will be a regular tradition!

1 comment: