Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Saturday, October 1, 2011

National Day

Yesterday (October 1st) was Chinese National Day. This day marks the anniversary of the establishment of the Peoples Republic of China. Which was established on October 1. 1949... I guess you could say that Oct. 1 is the equivalent of US July 4... The celebrations in China, however, do not seem to match those in the states! don't get me wrong, there are fireworks (but there is always fireworks -- ill talk about this later) but there are not BBQ's or picnics etc... What Chinese National Day means to me is that I get a week off from teaching!!! Many of the other teachers are taking advantage of this time to travel to other cities in China, I have decided that I should use this time to complete my grad school applications.  I think that I will try and travel to a couple of other cities within the province (day trips). I am not quite sure what I'll be doing, but at the end of the week i should have my forms filled out and my apps turned in!

No comments:

Post a Comment