Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Grad School Applications

As mentioned previously, this week was dedicated to the completion of my grad school applications... I can now say that on Wednesday night, that this has been a success. I have all of the applications filled out, all the transcripts requested, and after a little trouble, the GRE scores sent to all of the schools!!!

I did run into a few problems due to the fact that China is 12 hours ahead of Eastern Time. For instance, some of the application materials could only be accessed during regular business hours... Not a big problem, I just had to look something up after 9 pm... Also, for some reason, the GRE website is no longer displaying which schools I had sent my scores to on test day... I want to clarify this for certain because sending new or additional reports costs 23 bucks each.... I am applying to 5 schools to that adds up fast. What I had to do was call the ETS/GRE service last night and talk to a representative. This was much harder than it would have been in the states because I was calling via skype and my internet connection is very shotty and the all kept dropping. So after about 40 minutes and 5 tries, I finally got the information that I needed. It turns out that 3 of the five schools already had my scores! I only had to send 2! Now, I should be all in the clear.

For those of you who have not been keeping up, I am applying to 5 schools. Niss and I have limited our search to schools/ cities where we can both pursue our graduate degrees. I am applying to the University of California San Diego, University of Michigan, Florida International (Miami), Georgetown University and American University (both of which are in DC) If you ask me what is my top choice, I am not sure that I will be able to answer... All of the programs are good. If you ask Niss, I am sure that she will not want to live through another cold winter so that means eaither Miami or San Diego.... Which is fine, because I am happy to go anywhere!

Speaking of Anissa, I got my first package in the mail the other day: a custom-made calendar of our engagement pictures!!! What a treat! Immediately after arriving here, I realized that I had completely forgotten to bring any pictures! (I know what kind of a fiance am I?) Now I'll have a new one to display each  month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment