Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Friday, September 30, 2011

My Bike...


I may or not have mentioned that I adopted a bicycle that I found under the stairs of my apartment. In the last few weeks, I have switched out the tires (both inner tubes and outside rubber, totaling less than 10 USD) and replaced the broken seat... The terrain here is great for riding, everything is flat and paved, no hills and I have been pedaling little bit around campus, but I have been way to scared to try to brave the streets.. The lines on the road are useless in China, as are the traffic lights... People do what they want either way...

Today, Ben finally convinced me that I should try and ride to the McDonald's (Downtown about 1.5 miles). What an amazing/terrifying adventure. in this short distance, I almost killed an old woman and three middle school children AND had to dodge several buses and numerous taxis... I think once i get used to riding here, I will be venturing out more and more!
The route we took (back)

My Beautiful Bike (自行车)

No comments:

Post a Comment