Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Barber Shop Battle and Hair Clippers

The other morning after getting breakfast around 8 AM, two other foreign teachers (Both named Ben-- Big Ben (大本)and small Ben (小本)]and I were walking back to the foreign teachers residence when we were caught in the middle of a strange occurrence... As we were walking we began to hear some type of drilled shouting up ahead and as we drew closer we could see a group of young men (all with weird hair cuts) running around in circles and chanting ” 一二一二一二“ ( one two one two)... As can be expected, we were very surprised by this behavior so we sneaked in for a closer look; Big Ben pulled out his video camera to capture the scene... We soon realized that these guys were the worker from the hair salon that they were drilling in front of and that this was some odd morning exercise routine... After about two or three minutes of watching and filming. we hear a similar noise directly behind us... We spun around just in time to see a line of male hair dressers goose stepping out of their place of employment and shouting emphatically... We were caught in between and luckily Big Ben caught it all on tape!!! I will try to get the footage to share with all of you!!!

It was not long after this that I realized that I was going to be needing a haircut pretty soon... However, after bearing witness to this morning routine I was certain that I did not want to frequent one of these locals and let one of these loonies touch my precious head... Besides, I have made it 22 years without ever paying for a hair cut (Debra used to cut it, and I have been doing it myself through college) and I was not about to let my first barber shop experience be here, so I opted to buy some hair clippers,,, Fortunately, I found a set online from the Chinese version of eBay for around 10 USD including shipping!!!! They arrived within 3 days and now I have a fresh haircut!!! These clippers also work better than any that I had used stateside...

No comments:

Post a Comment