Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Friday, September 16, 2011

"Poopin' in the Street Dada dee da dee"

I have have been having trouble keeping up with my blog as the internet has been down the last couple of days. A lot of interesting things have happened in this time. I will break these occurrences up into separate blog-posts in order to keep my readers interested. I am sure that the title of this post has everyone intrigued, so I will waste no more time in getting to the point... Here's what happened:
Yesterday for lunch, a small group of foreign teachers (the Ben's and Malory and I) went to a small restaurant outside of the south gate. As the rain had subsided for a few minutes, we decided that it might be safe to sit at a table on the sidewalk... We had ordered our food and just before it arrived, a cute little Chinese girl (between 2 and 3 years old) walked out from a neighboring shop and started pacing around in the street near our table and holding her pants. We all knew it "she's going to poop." no sooner than we all agreed that this was going to happen, (but way before we were prepared to witness it) the child pulled down her pants and squatted down within ten feet of our table... She proceeded to squat for about five minutes as she pinched a couple of logs right there on the sidewalk, all the while looking at us foreigners as if we were the ones out of place... Midway through this five minute relief session, our food arrived. Somehow we were able to eat normally and nearly finish our meals. (Small Ben, however, seemed a little disturbed and I had to help him with a few bites) This experience has certainly brought new meaning to the term "dinner and a show."   

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of the commercial you made for your car when we engineered our own small cars in excel class. Some things, thank goodness, never change

    ReplyDelete