Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Sunday, September 25, 2011

New Campus




As I may have mentioned before, Henan University has two campuses. An old campus and a new campus. The new campus houses the science type majors and the old campus is home to arts and humanities majors, including English...Recently, I went to the new campus to explore for the first time... About a week ago, I was introduced to Mr. Yu, a friend of my Chinese prof in the states. Mr. Yu works for the University Library system and invited us over to see the library on the new campus... It was HUGE. actually it is the biggest library in the province. Here are a few pictures of only a small section of the new campus. The new campus IS very new... it was completed and opened in 2002!
Some dorms from far away

Really cool round building

the library. It is supposed to look like an open book... I guess I can kinda see it

closer view

round building from a distance

more dorms (from the library 5th floor)

square in front of the library

The new campus definitely has the feel of a large research University with facilities that would compare with many in the states. The old campus, however, has more of a small liberal arts school feel... I really like that Henan University has both!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment