Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ping Pong

As many of you may or may not know... I love ping pong!!! Fortunately, China is the ideal place to play this sport. (yes, I am going to call it a sport-- if I sweat doing it, then its a sport [under this criteria walking up several flights of stairs is ALSO a sport]) Since my arrival, I have not had as many chances to play as I would like nor have I been able to play many people... Not to brag, but I am pretty good (especially for a fat white guy) and in the dozen or so games that I have played, I have not been beaten!!! 
There is a table in the office directly adjacent to our apartments, but we are unable to play during regular business hours-- I guess we make too much noise... This limits us to only nights and weekends... I am currently in the process of recruiting people to play against me and beat me bad. I have been told that students can actually major in table tennis!!! That's who I want to play! I feel that if I can play against this caliber of competitor often, my skills will escalate dramatically!!! 
(short)Ben has arranged a challenger for me this evening... He tells me that SHE has got some skills! Stay tuned to see if my win streak continues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment