Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Night Market

The Night Market Downtown (from second story KFC)
I am told that 开封(kaifeng) is famous for its night market. This collection of street vendors selling everything from watches to toys to underwear and FOOD stretches several blocks down 书店街 (bookstore street) and culminates in what you see here. During the day this is the intersection of two major streets in the city, but at night, vendors set up their stands and encroach several feet into the roadway (an entire lane actually). It is pretty wild. This phenomenon occurs every night from about 6 PM til 10 PM. Tonight was my first of what I hope to be countless trips to the night market...

No comments:

Post a Comment