Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Thursday, September 22, 2011

a Change in the weather

Well, it has been a while since I have made the time to update my blog... For this, I am sorry!!! Much has been happening in the last week... It has finally stopped raining and the sun has been shining since Tuesday! More notably, I am now engaged in full time classes... Although I have not begun actual lessons, all of my classes have started... as previously mentioned I teach a total of 8 classes 5 writing and 3 conversation... In total, I have close to 400 students!!!! I am exhausted... I want to remember all of their names but it is almost impossible... I find that preparing lessons for class is extremely difficult, especially for writing, where I have encountered three major problems: 1. I have no book assigned to my class ( and I am not at liberty to assign one) 2. I teach 5 classes, 3 of which are transfer class students which means that they are not only behind the other 2 'non-transfer' classes, but they all have varying backgrounds with English, making it difficult to teach. 3. I only meet with each class once per week for 2 hours each time... I want to accomplish many things this semester but, I feel that this schedule is not conducive to learning... I do not want to burden them with 2 hour lectures, and I think that meeting with them more often would be better...
In short, I think that this semester will be challenging but very enjoyable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment