Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Friday, February 24, 2012

Fuzhou

The next stop was a two hour train ride away in Fuzhou. In Fuzhou William met up with our new friend Aaron, who we met at the hostel in Xi'an a month earlier (he's the father of the child pictured with the Tim's in the first Xi'an post) Aaron was very helpful. There is no hostel in Fuzhou, so Aaron helped us book a hotel. He also picked us up from the train station, treated us to a delicious seafood dinner and treated us to tea in his office the following day. We did not have much time in Fuzhou. But, here's a few pictures.


view out the window of the train

second class on the fast train: looks and feels like economy class on an airplane

you know the sea food is fresh when you pick it out ALIVE before they cook it

William on the street in Fuzhou. (yes that is a beer in his hand)

lights over the street


lanterns in front of a building

we followed the road to this magical tree and light show...

and then we followed more lights to this

lit pagoda 

on the bus back: couldn't resist, I went up and asked him to let me take his PIC!

the park the next day, still in Fuzhou





No, I am not peeing 


YAY. Water world!!!



I'm stuck Will!!!


Pagoda on top of hill: beautiful!




yes. Children in giant floating hamster balls. I told will we shoulda tried it

No comments:

Post a Comment