Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Shanghai

As I mentioned in the previous post, William was injured and we were both tired leaving Hangzhou and heading for Shanghai. So when we reached the largest city in China, William opted to stay in and rest at the Hostel despite the fact that we were leaving at 5 the following day. Unwilling to just hang out at the Hostel, I chose to venture out on my own. Once again, the hostel was in a prime location, right near the river across from the Bund and Pudong. The city was very beautiful at night and I managed to snap a few pictures. The next day, unfortunately, it was raining. We attempted to walk around a bit more anyway. We didn't mange to see or accomplish anything short of getting thoroughly saturated. Due to the weather and steep prices, I left Shanghai with a bitter taste in my mouth. When I tell others that I really didn't like Shanghai, they are shocked. I guess I'll have to give it another shot later in the semester. For now, it still has to win me over. here are the pics:


Busy streets 

this is a traffic light at a pedestrian/pedestrian intersection....


Henan (my province) noodle restaurant in Shanghai right beside our Hostel, it was delicious and we were able to talk with the owners about life in Henan province!

City at night

A lit church with the city in the background

"The City of Shanghai People's Hero Monument" near the river adjacent to Pudong

Pudong(the new area) 

walkway along the river. BEAUTIFUL

Streets at night

HALF of ONE of the FOUR trains stations in Shanghai. This particular station had 30 platforms....

No comments:

Post a Comment