Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Guangzhou

After Hong Kong, William and I began our trip up the coast first with a brief stop in Shenzhen (the boarder of Hong Kong), and then a day in Guangzhou. We had no plan in Guangzhou other than to get on our train at 8:30 PM. So we decided to "get on a (city)bus and then ride until we saw something interesting" This worked quite well and we were able to see a fair bit of the city. Here are few pictures. 

I was greeted by a monkey as I crossed the border back into China. Yes. this monkey (held on a leash by a beggar )  climbed onto my shoulder and posed for a picture. What a great way to be welcomed back to China! 

The tower of Guangzhou in the distance.

a canal through the city.

Sun Yat Sen's memorial in Guangzhou. A very beautiful park!
A tree in the park. the branches reach down to the ground and become roots! this one is arching over the walkway.


A street by the park

William. Confused.

William playing a Chinse version of Hacky-sack in a park in Guangzhou

a close-up of the memorial building.

No comments:

Post a Comment