Welcome

This blog is to keep my friends and family up to date with my adventures abroad. Thank you for taking the time to check up on me!
-Adam

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Zhengzhou (a stop along the way)

The first place I went on the way to Xi'an was Zhengzhou, the capital of Henan Province and a neighboring city of Kaifeng. (I have blogged about this in the past I believe) We only had a few hours between trains, but it was enough time to check out the downtown area and a nearby park. This post will be short because we did not spend much time in this city.

The Double tower in the center square of town. As you can see the air quality is not so good... I  personally am not a big fan of this city.


The "People's Park" in the center of the city: a very nice and well kept (free park) a good way to waste an hour between trains.

the train station in Zhengzhou: a bit crowded!

The train from Zhengzhou to Xi'an was a high speed bullet train. the top speed was 300 km/h (about 186 mph) it got us to where we wanted to go in a hurry!


No comments:

Post a Comment